Positions are currently available:
– Communication & Fundraising Officer
COMMUNICATION & FUNDRAISING OFFICER – unpaid internship / voluntary position
The Alliance for Health Promotion (A4HP) based in Geneva is a coalition of international NGOs, academic institutions and other Civil Society actors from different sectors. It is committed to advocate for the recognition of the value of local knowledge as a community asset and its integration in development programmes. It is a bridge between grass-roots and international initiatives. The Alliance is in Official Relations with the World Health Organization (WHO) and has Consultative Status with ECOSOC.
- Assist in organizing events around the World Health Assembly and other international meetings
- Contribute to developing a Communication Strategy and mechanism (branding) which would allow the Alliance its positioning through improving internal and external communication (social media, website development, newsletters)
- Develop advocacy and a fundraising folder in order to help increase the visibility of the Alliance and help in resource mobilisation.
- Identify funding sources and calls for proposals in compliance with the Alliance profile and work plan and assist in developing funding proposals accordingly
- Strong interest in public health and sustainable development issues
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and French
- Good IT skills for using social media and website management
- Experience in fundraising and project development
- Good time management and ability to work independently as well as in a multidisciplinary team
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration : 3 to 6 months
Conditions: This is an unpaid internship. Candidates should have a Swiss work permit or a Schengen visa as the Alliance has no capacity to deal with the administrative requirements of Swiss employment. All costs of travel and stay in Geneva as well as medical insurance will have to be covered by the intern.
Reporting and place of work : The Officer will be accountable to the Coordinator of the Alliance. He/she will be working at the Office of the Alliance in Geneva, Villa Grand Montfleury,
Grand Montfleury 48, CH 1290 Versoix (www.alliance4healthpromotion.org )
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to: Gabriella Sozanski, Coordinator, email@example.com
Deadline for application: Ongoing